Greetings from Oregon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cooter13

Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Salem, OR
I am new to this forum, however, I have been using a Traeger Exectutive, that my wife purchased for me in 2004.  I have done turkeys, chickens, meatballs, ribs, and a few other items on it.  I have even set a Traeger on fire (long story, but it really happened).

I do not have any great "one of a kind" recipes, however, I have found a few that I enjoy and use on a regular basis.

Being so close to the Oregon Coast, we have access to a lot of fresh seafood, something that I would like to explore more.  Dungenus crab, clams, oysters, etc. are all available (and the wife also likes most of them).

One of the issues that I have found, is there is very few ways to convert smoking times/temps to a Traeger.  I am wanting to do all the leg work of putting all the spices and such together, however, once it lands on the racks, I am not one to play around with tempatures or other stuff.  Just let me cook the darn thing.  I may be selfish that way, but I do like to watch the games now and then.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cold day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky