Greetings from Oklahoma City!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I rubbed some basic spices on it (garlic, salt, pepper, brown sugar, etc.) the night before. Nothing fancy. I started the fire at 6am and had the meat on the table by 4pm.

Edit: Mopped with [wine/apple cider vinegar/spices/brown sugar/splashes of this and that] during cooking

Looks like a succes to me! Great looking brisket
biggrin.gif

Lookin' Good...Lookin' Good!! Welcome to the SMF!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Say...That's one fine lookin' brisket you've got there!
Keep up the good work!...

I work for a construction company and when a developer starts clearing land alot of times they have to hire a contractor to come in and remove and chip up the trees. It is not cheap so sometimes they will let you go in an cut up the downed trees. That how I get all my wood. I would definetly ask for permission first. Usually they dont mind.

Welcome to SMF from another Canadian.
Wow!That was a fast smoke!
Only 10 hours! Way to go!!
Looks yummy too.
I also noticed your "thin blue smoke"

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Keep on smokin'!

Hi Christopher, welcome aboard! That is some mighty fine looking grub you got there!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That's a good idea. Now I just need to get better at identifying types of trees, because I suck at it.

Tell me about this "thin blue smoke" . . . I just kept the fire low the whole time. Is this what I'm looking for every time? I've noticed that when I get too much smoke going, it turns yellow and you can see smoke-resin collecting at the edges of the smoker, and it starts making the meat taste bad if I let it go too long like that.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky