Greetings from England

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigeateruk

Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Bristol, England
Hi all, 

I live in Bristol in England. Got my first smoker in February and currently have the Brinkmann Smoke n Grill or the ECB as I have found out it is also referred to. Have only used it twice so far due to the frustrations of my first attempts in controlling temperature. Have now made mods to the charcoal pan and have got myself a thermometer which I will fit this weekend. Fingers crossed this will improve its performance. Have managed to get some good flavours imparted into my met but have had to finish most things off in the oven and it has meant constant monitoring of my smoker whilst cooking so not ideal.

Have to say well done to everyone involved in this forum. After having a quick browse I am delighted to see the recipes and the tutorials on this forum and I am really excited about trying some of these recipes out. 

Really wanna get my pulled pork down and seeing the pictures of fatties think that will be the second thing I want to experiment with..........next smoke session will be next sunday.

Low n Slow baby 
icon_lol.gif

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have, and pictures help a bunch.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  Check out Jeff’s 5 day smoking E-Course ( link below ) that will help you get started.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse

I get the impression it is a bit of an art form in comparison to just standard BBQing but the results look amazing. Should say I have already enrolled to the 5 day e-course from Jeff and have all those emails.

One quick question how do I save this group so I can get back to it easily?

Welcome to SMF BE and were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite………

The Qveiw

Happy smoking

Joe

Hello Bigeater, welcome from East Texas, you'll get that pulled pork down

Gary S

Hi Bigeater, welcome to,the forum, a bit new myself here, but this site is full of advice and ideas what to Smoke. Ask a question and you will get the answer.

Smokin Monkey

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky