Got the new smoker home.

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by white cloud, Apr 7, 2008.

1. white cloud

white cloud Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well this thing is nice sized and weighs in at 750 pounds. I can't wait to try it out. Very well made. I am very lucky to get it, the guy I bought it from said; he was offered an additional $200.00 from someone but told them he had made the deal ( over the phone) ....real nice guy. I am standing in front of th fire box though.

[​IMG]

2. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

Corngrats.. hope ya like it

3. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

congrats WC........tho your link would't open...........

4. white cloud

I will have to find my saved folder on sending pics. I e-mailed it to myself, copied, pasted and posted.

5. drlouis

drlouis Smoke Blower

cant host an image from your email. you have to re-host it first with a service like photobucket or imageshack

6. white cloud

thanks, I tried it and it worked. But maybe cause the the same puter.

7. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congrats on the new smoker, can't wait to see the pics of it..........

8. drlouis

drlouis Smoke Blower

yeah, your computer is probably pulling the pic from it's cache. Can't wait to see the smoker!

9. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I can post the pics that pete sent to me. I was lookin at it too! Glad ya got it WC. Now I can sleep at night without trying to figure out how I could get it home, and keep the wife from killing me in my sleep!

I know it don't show ya standin next to it, but we will believe ya for another day or so![​IMG] . Tell me this, is that smoker as clean as it looks in these pics?

10. drlouis

drlouis Smoke Blower

nice! makes my smoke vault seem so... inadequate.

[​IMG]

11. capt dan

Makes my Lang 60 seem so...........unshiny! I am anxious to see some food on that thing WC![​IMG]
    I think you are gonna need sunglasses to cook on that thing, even on cloudy days![​IMG]

12. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Nice, real nice. And the man rides a Harley. Bikes, beer, blues and BBQ...ahhh life is good.[​IMG]

13. white cloud

Yeah, it's real clean. Its about 5 years old and was used less than 2 doz. times. The Harley may of been abit cleaner though

quote=Capt Dan;176449]I can post the pics that pete sent to me. I was lookin at it too! Glad ya got it WC. Now I can sleep at night without trying to figure out how I could get it home, and keep the wife from killing me in my sleep!

I know it don't show ya standin next to it, but we will believe ya for another day or so![​IMG] . Tell me this, is that smoker as clean as it looks in these pics?[/quote]

14. lc in va

lc in va Meat Mopper

congrats, loks like a nice set up.

15. lcruzen

lcruzen Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congrats WC! Glad it went to a good home!

16. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congrats on the smoker , it's a sharpe looking unit [​IMG]

17. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Congratulations White Cloud!
    That is one fine looking unit. It really looks brand new. Can't wait to see some Q pictures.

18. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Wtg on the new to you smoker. Fine looking unit it is. Looking forward to seeing it smoke.
    Andy.

19. capt dan

That smoker looks like it is worth at least twice what ya paid for it.
    You deffinately didn't snooze, and I'm sure you are glad that ya didn't loose out on the buy of a lifetime![​IMG]

20. white cloud

Ya got that right. I was like you, thinking about it in the middle of the night, not being able to sleep. And wondering how to get it home. I have a F150 and it's not like my old truck which had an 8' bed, so I was concerned. But it fit in, and could still close the tailgate barely. I think I was very lucky to have landed this smoker, so many people wanted it. I want to thank Phil S. for bringing it to our attention. They had metal ramps over there to get it in the truck, and I brought a come along to pull it up. But Pete and his buddy pushed that sucker right up in the truck. Now when we got back, my son in law had some homeade ramps to bring it off the truck 2X6 wood. Well we used to come along to lowere it down, and I thought for sure they were gonna snap, but luckely didn,t. I smoked a slab of spare today but on my smoke hollow electric while I was working, That thing works great, but I cant wait to try this new one out. When I get this picture thing down pat I will post pics for sure.