got my feet wet...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brdprey

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
westvalley city, utah
ok got my feet wet, after yesturdays initial smoke break in today was the first victim to go thur the smoker........meet the monster meat..........nice pork tendorloin.. im thinking it came from godzilla

feb1a445_P6270010.jpg

just so you know it was a single loin, i saw a post earlier that said no possible to get one that big so here is the tag to it..

b6fc70c3_P6270009.jpg

so i went thru some spices and dressed this thing up for a party...introduced the meat to my smoke they got along quite well if i might add. yes those are tooth picks holding the bacon on

6398f077_P6270011.jpg

after 4hrs and finally hitting 145 , 148 i pulled it from the fire...wrapped it and put it in a warm oven for 30 min like you guys suggested..... this was the final look to it

bdedd5a3_P6270012.jpg

some  pics of the after battle of my fork and knife.

a66dc853_P6270014.jpg

yes it is as juicy as it looked in the previous picture it was amazing..... thank you all for your imput i look forward to nice vittles in the future.

205b4a3d_P6270013.jpg

Reactions: meateater
Looks awesome nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Oh man, that looks good.  What did you do with the bacon though?  Did you just eat it off the loin before cutting?  Did you save it for another side dish?

Nice looking loinzilla!

I know that the bacon is hard to slice thin and it wants to fall of when slicing.

Here's a lil tip from my kitchen.

Take the bacon off the loin and crumble it up. ( you may have to run it in the oven a few min. to crisp it up first) and use it in that pasta salad . or you can use it in beans etc.

Only part of the pig i dont use is the squeal.

ok got my feet wet, after yesturdays initial smoke break in today was the first victim to go thur the smoker........meet the monster meat..........nice pork tendorloin.. im thinking it came from godzilla

feb1a445_P6270010.jpg

just so you know it was a single loin, i saw a post earlier that said no possible to get one that big so here is the tag to it..

b6fc70c3_P6270009.jpg
 Yep, hardly a Tenderloin, but a nice very large loin. I would relish to see a Tenderloin that size. We do see these size loins all the time at our Sav-A-Lot stores. I tend to cut them in halves or thirds since there is just two of us.

Good job.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky