Goose jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

birddog

Original poster
Sep 27, 2010
First smoke on the new MES and I still have about 10 pounds of goose breast in the freezer so I figured the woud be a good way to start.  My wife thought I lost my mind when she saw me cutting chunks off a frozen ball of goose meat with a reciprocating saw.  It grinds better frozen.  I found out my jery racks are to big for the smoker so I just shot it across the racks and it worked out fine.  Mesquite flavor turned out fine but is only good for a few strips and then its too much. Next time I'll do teriyaki, I can eat that all day long. 

Nice Birddog!  What did you all do to the meat?  Any spices at all?  Sit over night?

Actually spoke of this over the weekend.  Didn't know if I should do it like I do venison jerky.  Never made anything other then venny jerky.  One can never have enough jerky this time of year
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky