Glade I found this site.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

butcher46

Original poster
Feb 6, 2015
Hello everyone I found your site yesterday and was interested in some advice on a propane smoker and controlling a lower heat for smoking sausage and summer sausage and the folks here had a lot of good advice Thank You All.

I am a retired meat cutter and sausage maker but have not worked with the small propane fired houses and was looking for some suggestions and Bingo got some good advice.

I have a New Smoke Hollow Pro44 that I am in the process of setting up with some mods, casters, needle valve, gaskets around doors,Tel True 500 degree thermometer, ThermoWorks  ChefAlarm, And a 12" pellet smoking tube.

I have a Webber 22" gold charcoal, GMG -DB, pellet pooper, Webber Genises stick burner and this new Smoke Hollow Pro 4400. Lem #22 Grinder, F.Dick 24 liter stuffer.

I Love all my gadgets and they get used often but I needed a vertical the hang summer sausage,polish, brats and such and not wanting to spend the cash on a small  professional electric (Pro Smoker or Vortron ) Around 6 Big Boys I thought I'd see if I can make this Smoke Hollow work. I'll report back with the results if I don't blow the thing up getting it to work. Maybe sometime I tell ya about the time I burnt the back half of my deck off while cooking a beer can chicken in a 30 gallon metal trash can while not paying attention and drinking Beer, LOL

Welcome to SMF.   I assume you learned about installing a needle valve in the hose between the tank and burner.  Very effective.   Yes there is a lot of good info and just darn right nice people.

Glad you joined up, post some pics of your equipment

Gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Sure would like to see some pics

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky