Glad to find this forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woggie68

Original poster
Nov 23, 2014
Royal city, Washington
Hi all, stumbled across this forum this morning while looking for info for making pepperoni sticks. I'm up here in Washington state (the desert side, not the swampy side). Been hot smoking meats for about 8 yrs now. Tri-tip, ribs, pulled pork etc. but am wanting to try my hand at cold smoked meats. I am going to use my original shop built upright box smoker that I've converted to propane fired. The smoker I use for hot smoking is wood fired, rotating rack smoker mounted on a tandem axle trailer that I designed and built in my fab shop. It has 16 racks that are 12"x33" and I can load it up with 250 lbs of tri-tip. It'll feed a crowd.
Look forward to learning form others this forum. I'll try to get pics of my pit to post here this week. Thanks to everyone for their willingness to share their expertise.

Woggie68

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another windy and cool day in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything 

Gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Thanks Mule,

What is QVIEW? and how do I find it on the site?
Qview is pictures of your current experience smoking (as you will find, is anything that fits the smoker box) around this neighborhood. I can not think of anything I have not tried in the box,,,,,,some great success , some not gonna try this again, but it is all good just some better than others.

Tom

Thanks, Tom.  I'll be doing about 25 lbs of tri-tip next week.  I'll get some pics then.  Was asked to do baby backs for an extended family Christmas get together in a few weeks.  I'll do 6-8 racks for that.  I'll do some pics then also.

Thanks again, Warren 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky