Getting my Smoke on!!!

Discussion in 'Pork' started by padronman, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Just put a 5.5 lb Pork Loin in the ol' #2 for dinner tonight.  Hot as blazes out today (100 on the patio) but this is going to be GOOD! 

Not sure yet what I am serving with it but I will smoke at 225F until I reach an IT of 140F then wrap and rest. 

Rubbed with my Butt Rub and it smells divine.  I'll keep ya posted [​IMG]

Quick shot of that beautiful Loin!!

Scott

2. Well wife was pressed for time so I didn't get my usual plated pics and such.  Sliced thin and man was it good.  I pulled it at 140 and foiled with some butter and a little OJ then into the oven on keep warm.  TASTY is all I can say.  This is going to make some amazing sammies in the coming days. 

Scott

3. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Missed this earlier,    looks good.

Hows the oj work?

4. welshrarebit

welshrarebit Master of the Pit

Nice! Now get down to torero stadium and support your local women's soccer team... The game starts in 15 minutes!!! ;)

5. I really wish I could....but alas I have been imbibing on some barrel aged Manhattans!    I wish your girl ALL the luck I can muster!!!!

6. The OJ worked pretty well.  Didn't add much flavor but the pan juices it combined with were delicious.  I used Hickory and Cherry wood on this loin.  Came out very smoky good.

Scott

7. brooksy

brooksy Master of the Pit

Great looking loin Scott!

8. Looks Great Scott. Like the OJ idea. Will have to try that one.

9. welshrarebit

Sounds like a good base for a gastrique! Smoked pork loin a l'range!!!

10. grillmonkey

grillmonkey Smoking Fanatic

I wonder how it would be with pineapple juice? I may have to try that tomorrow. I do need to smoke something!!!

11. welshrarebit

We used to make a pineapple gastrique at work. I'll see if I still have the recipe...

12. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

NIce....I got me a smaller one in the fridge for the upcoming week in the Smokin' It #3 perhaps.....or the pellet pusher.....although, I think ol' #3 is becoming jealous of the new toy.....Willie

13. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice , Scott. Loin am good ... [​IMG]

14. Looks GREAT Scott. I guess I missed this earlier. Better late than never. Did you fix me a plate?

Happy smoken.

David