Garlic Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Doing 5lbs with Owens BBQ Garlic SS mix and cure.

Raining so in the fridge for tomorrow.

owengar.jpg

obbqgss.jpg

I am not using much water these days. Find that running my gloved hands under the water then mixing is perfect.

mixedobbqgss2.jpg

well ok then... will be watching for my sample to arrive in the mail (since you have my addy.. LOL)... this aughta be good (as usual) ...

Thanks everyone

Time to stuff.
gssuff.jpg

Ahhh even a baby chub.
gsschubz.jpg

Now let the chubs rest at room temp for an hour. No my items do not touch the sides of my shower.
gsshangdry.jpg

Cool AC blowing on the chubs.
ACvent.jpg

Waiting will you have time before Christmas to get them shipped I'll send my address.

Warren

By the way just posted the dates for the 2018 PA Gathering.

Waiting will you have time before Christmas to get them shipped I'll send my address.

Warren

By the way just posted the dates for the 2018 PA Gathering.

Haha you funny guys.

I may not make the 2018 PA gathering. Hope to be living in Germany by then..Fingers Xd

Hanging and ready for some smoke.
ogsstsm.jpg

Looking good Rick,,, looking good I need to start doing more sausage,,, too many dang projects going one LOL

Oh yeah i can...Lol
Smoker, stuffers, grinders. We are going with a sea van for our stuff.

Finally garlic SS is done. Pulled from smoke with an IT of 150* No cold water, they will IT to 152* on their own. Long time in smoker, Pretty humid and the wind was up some. Messed with my smoker...EH.
garss8.jpg

Looks great need to start learning how to do some of this. getting a jerky gun from Santa that's a start I think?
When you leave on your trip? Hope you have a great time.

Warren

Garlic Summer Sausage is cut, taste great and vac sealed. The mix is from Owens BBQ. Garlic SS. A+
I didnt feel like getting the chamber sealer out so just used the reg machine.

ogarss8.jpg

ogarss9.jpg

ogarss10.jpg

ogarss12.jpg

ogarss13.jpg

ogarss14.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky