Garlic apple glaze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

knobbytyre

Original poster
Feb 24, 2015
I am new to the smoking world so I have been experimenting. Some things the wife and I have enjoyed....others not so much. Yesterday I butterflied, and stuffed pork loin with Italian sausage and fresh herbs then smoked it. The best part was the glaze I made, I got the idea from extraordinarybbq.com apple jalapeno glaze so i tweaked it for the stuff i had in my pantry.

GARLIC APPLE GLAZE

1 can of condensed apple juice

Equal amount of apple cider vinegar

2 TBS lemon juice

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup salt

2 cloves of garlic

1/2 onion chopped

1 TBS crushed red pepper flakes

Add all ingredients in pan heat to boil reduce by 1/2. It took me about an hour to reduce it and get the consistency i wanted. It has sweet from the juice and sugar, some acid from vinegar, and a little heat from the red pepper flakes. The wife and I really enjoyed.give it a try and let me know what you think

Reactions: lt611
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky