Garage Sale Smoker Acquired ... Now what?

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by snow.coyote, Dec 22, 2007.

1. snow.coyote

snow.coyote Newbie

I have dreamed of moving to Oregon, learning to fish, and smoke my own salmon. I found a Little Chief Smoker at a garage sale but no directions / manual. Can someone direct me to where I might find any online documentation (Im at a lost after surfing for sometime). Thx.

2. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF! Glad you found us! I'm sure that someone with that unit will be along to help you. In the meantime, sign up for Jeff's 5-day ecourse on smoking basics, and browse through the forums.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

3. xcap

xcap Newbie

My recipies & operating instructions book gives the following address for eplacement parts & the wood chips:
    Little Chief smoker Products
    c/o Luhr Jensen & Sons, Inc.
    PO Box 297
    Hood River, Oregon 97031
    Good luck obtaining it as my unit os over 20yrs old. If you can't Let me know & can try to copy appropriate parts for you

4. wavector

wavector Smoking Fanatic

5. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

The web site for the little chief is www.smokehouseproducts.com/default.cfm

This is Luhr-Jensen's website. All kiinds of info there and the manual can be downloaded there. I also have seen at the stores that sell the little chief and big chief around here also sell the manual/recipe book. Hope this info helps you out. They are a pretty easy unit to use. I have two of them. they work pretty good.

Later Kookie