Fudge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thestealth

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
KC Metro, Kansas
Nothing to smoke today...so I thought I'd make a batch of old fashioned fudge...qview to follow.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Oh man! I clicked on this with a strong heart and hollered to Mrs Rivet in the other room "Baby, check this out! SOmeone's smokin' fudge!"

She hollered back- "You people are sick!"

icon_mrgreen.gif

Don't you just love it!

:lol: I couldn't figure out a way to smoke it...so I'm just doing it the old school way...like my granny did.

...the thought did cross my mind though.

Just turned the heat on, now for the waiting game for it to come to a boil.

My little helper...always willing to lend a paw.

I've got it boiling...just waiting for it to hit 230ish.

As far as recipes go, it's just the standard Hersheys recipe.

3 C sugar
2/3 C cocoa
1 1/2 C milk
1/2/ tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
Bring sugar, cocoa, salt and milk to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Once it gets to a boil, stop stirring until soft ball stage is reached (240*). Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla, let set for a couple minutes, stir until sheen is gone and starting to thicken, pour into buttered pan.

I'm not sure what the hardest part is...waiting for it to boil...waiting for it to reach the soft ball stage...or waiting for it to set up..? :lol:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky