From Huntsville, AL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dobdabom

Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
I am a new poster on here and was instructed to come on by and do a roll call. My main smoker now is a large big green egg and a couple charcoal webers. Looking at the Lang 48 and 60 mobiles.

I entered my first competition on the Shade Tree division here at the Whistlestop Festival in Huntsville, AL. Deciding if I should hold off on the Lang and just use the green egg(dont want to carry) it or just do my normal weber smoking for now).

sorry I don't have a answer for you but I sure sombody will be along to help-welcome and glad to have ya.

Welcome to the SMF! Check out the free 5 day E-course if you havn't already.

I used to live in Huntsville/Guntersville back in 95. I bet they're still working on Hwy 431 between the two cities aren't they?

Welcome to the forum.
smile.gif

Welcome to SMF Dob. I dunno squat about the Langs other than they sure seem to turn out good Q, and hold more than my ECB, but usually less than "The Beast" will :{)

Welcome to SMF! I also used to live in Huntsville.

How do you like your Large BGE? I'm planning on buying one as soon as my tax refund gets back.

Welcome DOBDABOM,
I'm also new to this forum but have gained some great information in the short time I've been visiting before actually joining,.. You can't find a kinder and more helpful group of friends on the net,...

Welcome to the forum. You sound ike an experienced smoker, but you will get better with the tips you will come across here. I've been smoking for about a year and a half, and it has become a passion of mine, and this site has definitely helped me turn out some outstanding results!

I am an Auburn grad, 2004. So War Eagle!

Thanks guys, looking forward to it. I just need to figure out on the Lang or not. Hard decision after getting the BGE, just got it Saturday thanks to a early bday gift from dad. So using it this weekend most likely for the first time.

Welcome DOB. My folks live in Hunstville. It is very nice there. Though my dad says he can't find any real good q. Though we grew up on NC style q so he is a little biased.

There is a place between Huntsville and Decatur, (closer to Huntsville if I remember correctly, been awhile) called Thomas's BBQ Pit and I recall them turning out some worthy Q. Not sure if Simmons BBQ is still around or not but they were pretty good but nowhere near as good as Thomas's.

If you like good whole hog sausage look up Gibsons Whole Hog Sausage. It is located on one of the backroads between Huntsville and Guntersville. Not even sure if they are still in business but the sausage they had was fantastic! They have a small store setup on the property right next to the Hog farm. Dang I miss that place.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky