From a Lurker to a Member

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by georgew, Sep 24, 2006.

1. georgew

georgew Newbie

I've been lurking and learning here for almost a year and moreso since receiving a Brinkman electric water smoker for Father's Day. I even got the five day course from Jeff and check the www for other smoking info.

So far I've made ribs twice, both turned out great, and a brisket, I'll talk about later.

The info here is terrific and the folks are welcoming and glad to share.

I may not post often, but I do appreciate Jeff for having this forum and everyone here for sharing their passion.

2. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome aboard, George! We love when our lurkers come out of the shadows.

Hang in there with us and please share your successes as well as your flops with us. We all learn from each others experience and our knowledges base grows one member at a time!

Happy you are here!

Cheers!

3. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome George,

Now that you're a member please ask lots of questions. The folks here are friendly, and will take care to give you answer.

The fun part about all this is that you get to eat your mistakes. My mistakes were tasty even if they were not exactly what I was going for at the time.

Take care, do good, and have fun!

Regards,

Meowey

4. joed617

joed617 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Hi Georgew, Welcome to SMF hope you enjoy your stay .. Plenty of nice folks around willing to share ..

Joe

5. smokemack

smokemack Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome to the forum georgew. Lots to learn here, check in regularly, and post some of your smokes with us. What kind of ribs have you smoked, baby back or spare?

6. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

George,
    Welcome to the best meat smoking fourm on the net! Don't hesitate to post often and we all like pictures.

7. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome, George. Since you have been lurking and smoking meats, you should be able to help us with the newbies as they come on board. Looking forward to your posts and your participation.

8. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Welcome to SMF George, glad you decided to make it official!!!

9. ranger72

ranger72 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Hi There Georgew!

Ditto on all the above!

Welcome Aboard!

ranger72 8)

OTBS # 14