Friday Night Salmon with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mohlrich

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Northwest Ohio
Managers Special?? Count me in!!

Bearcarver's brine for 6 hours

Into the smoker at 180-190 with a mix of pecan, apple, and hickory. I couldn't follow bearcarver's exact directions due to not being able to produce smoke in my Masterbuilt Gas Smokehouse at low temps.

Thanks for looking so far. Feel free to drop a line, gets kind of lonely out here in the middle of the night. More post to come as the march to the finish nears.
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif

i'm interested in trying salmon one of these days.

what temp are you cooking to and how long do you anticipate it taking?  keeping it around 190?

Looks good and I'm sure it will turn out great because it's Bearcarver's brine!!  Give us some final pictures too.

Michael
They will be coming humdinger4u

I'm interested in trying salmon one of these days.

what temp are you cooking to and how long do you anticipate it taking?  keeping it around 190?
smokingreg - I would suggest trying salmon. I have made it a few different times and had success. It's fairly forgiving if you loos track of it. I'm just about 2 hours in and getting ready to stick my thermometer in to see where its at. I'll pull it at ~150. Some people pull it at 140 and some take it longer. I shot for the middle to be safe. The last few batches I made took 4-5 hours but all depends on the size of the piece and how well you maintain the temp.

Not sure what I was thinking when I said 4 hours. I stuck the thermometer in at 2 hours and a reading of 155 IT came back. Pulled them babies. Lesson of the smoke:  Make sure you spray or oil your racks before the salmon!!

Thanks Woodcutter. I actually just wanted to try the pecan and see how it did. I usually use apple and hickory for about everything and only used hickory on this because it was chips. Needed the chips to get the smoke started at the low temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky