Free for the taking.....All metal freezer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

griz

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 31, 2007
For those ambitious types, I have another all metal freezer (actually works too) that has been given to me. I just completed my freezer conversion so don't need yet another one hanging around. This unit is a small (roughly 5 cubic foot) chest style freezer and is located by Champaign Illinois.

Griz

I don't need a freezer, but your post got me thinking about eating Q at Po' Boys in Champaign (not the one in Urbana). I graduated from UIUC in '95. Po' Boys was the first true Q shack I ever ate in.

Damn...now I'm hungry again.

Sal

hmmmmmmm...........just where is champlain........other side of chicago isn't it?

6 hour trip for me to chi-town

d88de

That is good Q! Little porgy's as well in Champaign!

Des Moines is a solid 6 hours. I've done that drive many times. Hardly worth the effort.

If I could figure out how to make this into my fire box I would but I don't know that the metal could withstand the fire temps.

Griz

It could easily be made into say ......... a kegerator
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

Being a chest type freezer, should be able to put two kegs in there side x side.

Nope, never even heard of it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky