Football is back and for me that means a whole lot of smoked meats. Today pulled pork! (with Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kiingspade

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
Last night I made this nice sweet heat type rub. I have a 5 lb Boston butt

Bw46GCrCUAAScpw.jpg:large
Bw46EzpCYAEXWvg.jpg:large

Then the butt with the rub and mustard applied. Injected with cider, honey, pineapple juice, and apple juice.

Bw46DlsCIAAOe0X.jpg:large
Bw46CYJCMAAgJQ_.jpg:large

Now this has been on the smoker for 1 hour with a mix of mesquite and cherry wood

Bw7sqxfIIAAoSXz.jpg:large
Bw7srRmIAAAAWfV.jpg:large
Bw7srshIgAAWzE4.jpg:large

You've got a nice Butt.
icon_redface.gif
 Sit back and let it do it's thing , no peeky , and watch the temp..

I one of the guys that would rather stay outside with the radio playing the game for my guest to enjoy , I don't care for football , too highly rated for me , all that $ for playing . . .then hey go out and think they can do anything
icon_evil.gif

Thanks , I'm over my rant
icon_eek.gif

Have fun and enjoy the game . .

Rub looks good; what's in it?
Just a few of the ingredients

Cumin
Chili powder
cayenne pepper
old bay
brown sugar
white sugar
raw sugar
pepper
white pepper
sea salt
garlic salt
garlic powder
jalapeno powder
onion powder
paprika
smoked paprika

I can't put that much pepper in my rub. My wife is too girly and so is my son and son-in-law.
Eh it is very light on the pepper. You only get an initial burn and then the sugars are on the back end

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky