FNG from Denver, CO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rogerfromco

Original poster
Aug 2, 2015
Hey all,

It's been a LONG time since I had a smoker and back then is was one of the old Webers that you had to feed with charcoal briquettes every hour or so. This time around I bought a Primo XL and built my own table for it. I've had it for less than a week, but am having fun already. Definitely a learning curve, but the second spatchcock chicken turned out much better and cooked faster than the first. Tried some country style pork ribs tonight along with some homemade coleslaw and cornbread. Looking forward to learning from you all and getting some great recipe ideas.

Roger

378e8edc4fda98c95cef4171944fb1b6.jpg

1b2e97fb53b4e0c5fd74299b85062c81.jpg

a01cafd06af86686a6b3bec371c3ac42.jpg

5e0e11d3d20dd037cf6f0d79ed14af04.jpg

732cca3bcffbc969a2bd7998ce06c999.jpg

Reactions: gary s
texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Nice Job      POINTS !!!

Gary

Thanks guys! The smoked turkey we bought last year for Thanksgiving revived my desire to smoke again and I'm looking forward to learning some great techniques on the forums.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky