First WYOMING Member!!?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stratocat

Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
The Ranch, Wyoming
Greetings,
My name is Wayne and I live out in the country in central Wyoming, the least populated state in the union, where there are more Antelope than people.
My I.D., "Stratocat", comes from Stratocaster, my favorite guitars and the fact that I am a "cool cat".
I am a retired Locomotive Engineer. My hobbies include fishing, computers, photography, collecting guns & vintage guitars, and of course Smokin' Good Eats!!
Now that the kids are grown and on their own, I want to do more Smokin'.
I've been smoking on my OLD Brinkman electric can smoker for over 15 yrs and have pretty good successs with it. I brine the Trout I catch in a ratio of 1/4 cup Kosher salt to 1 cup H2O overnite and they smoke up in around 1 hour. They come out moist and flavorful. Meats however have been hit and miss. The best pork ribs I ever made came out of the charcoal Weber when I forgot about them (literally) and pulled them out 4 hours later! They were superb!
I joined the forum to learn more about brining with more than just salt and to learn about smoking homemade sausage, especially Landijagers.
I just ordered a Rival K.C. Smoker and am looking forward to using that for small batches of stuff. Also, I am in the process of designing a small wood-fired smokehouse that I will build in the spring.
This looks like a really cool forum and I hope to be an active contributing member to the SMF community. Peace and "Smoke On!!"
Stratocat......
11866e4d_vbattach15291.jpg

welcome to smf. you mightwant to copy this over to the roll call section- thats the official hello place for new members. & drop by the calling smf musician's thread (calling all smf musicians)in this section. lots of music players too.

Welcome aboard. I'm going to be real interested in that smokehouse you plan to put up. Looking forward to hearing about your smoking adventures.

Welcome Stratocat! You've come to the right place, there is so much knowledge and so many great people on here. continued success!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky