first time pork jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thesmokist

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
Lafayette IN
I picked up a few pork loins at Payless yesterday and thought I'd make some pork jerky. I really like this high country sweet and spicy seasoning I get from rural King. I mixed up the seasoning and cure and let the pork marinate overnight about 12 lbs.
I'm gonna use my Cajun injector electric smoker. it's got plenty of space to hold this much meat. this will also be the first time using this smoker for jerky. I'm gonna use cherry.
I've got to do big runs of jerky because my kids eat it so fast that's one reason I wanted this double door smoker. it will hold four racks but I am gonna add some prices of angle to the walls so it will hold seven. more pics to come!!

Last edited:
I read the thread you started and it looked killer man. its been goin since about noon and I just started hitting it with smoke.

One thing I noticed about the batch I made was the longer it sat in the bag, the better the flavor got!

Just brought the remainder to work today and it's all gone!  Making more this weekend for sure!

Looking forward to the finished pics.

I have not tried that yet I read CBs post and it is on my never ending list.I'll be watching

Richie

Never even thought about pork jerky! After reading this and the Buzzard's smoke, WOW, this is gonna happen!

drool.gif

it's rolling along pretty good, looks good and smells real good!! I had to switch some of my racks around cause my slices are inconsistent but that's ok

Sounds pretty tasty! I hear ya in the kids eating all of it. I could turn a whole cow into jerky and it'd be gone faster than I could blink!

POINTS for the pork jerky!

Last edited:
Maybe you can drop some off for me to sample? Looking great waiting for a nice final closeup!:drool

Looks great! What about brushing some BBQ sauce on a piece to see how it turns out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky