First stuffed pork roast

Discussion in 'Pork' started by chestnutbloom, May 16, 2014.

1. chestnutbloom

chestnutbloom Smoking Fanatic

So here is my first attempt at butterflying, stuffing and tying a 3.5lb pork roast.

Not as easy as I thought but seems to be ok....

I lightly sprinkled on some brown sugar then laid out some vegetarian stuffing and a honeycrisp apple I chopped and cooked in coconut oil. Here it is tied up.

I don't know if the brown sugar inside the roast was a good idea but I will sure find out! I'm not sure what to season the outside with so I wrapped it and into the fridge it went. I'm thinking of searing it before I smoke it. Does anyone else do this? Is it really necessary? Thanks for looking! -Rich   [​IMG]

foamheart likes this.
  2. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

SPOG on the outside should be plenty. Stuffed pork loin is awesome!

ike

3. chestnutbloom

So for a rub I mixed up some leftover Buffalo Wild Wings Desert Heat with some dark brown sugar....

And into the smoker it went along with a beef tenderloin. Running at 225F until IT hits 150-ish....

Updates to follow!   [​IMG]

4. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks awesome man, when's dinner ?? LOL

5. chestnutbloom

Just off the smoker gonna slice it up soon....pulled it at 152F.

6. chestnutbloom

Here we go....

Rub had a decent heat kick to it while the stuffing was moist with apples. Pitmaster's choice pellets gave it a nice smoky smoothness.

Will definitely try this one again.....Thanks all!   -Rich    [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]   Very nice man!  [​IMG]   I do a lot of loins since they're so quick & easy... Great smoke!  [​IMG]