First smoker on the way

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mainewx

Original poster
May 26, 2015
Bath, Maine
Hello everyone! I am John from Maine. I ordered my first smoker yesterday and expect delivery on Thursday. I puchased the MES 40 gen 1. I have spent weeks reading posts on this forum, researching a plethora of smokers, and truly believe i made the right decision. I also ordered an AMNPS package deal from A-MAZE-N products. I have much to learn and this site is the place for the education that I need. I will be sure to post, with photos, a synopsis of my first smoke.

Thanks for this exquisite site!

Welcome to the board, John! Glad to see you've already been studying in advance. We have a lot of fun with our discussions here, please join in.

Welcome to SMF from NC! :welcome:
We're glad to have you. The search bar at the top is your most valuable resource here. This forum has been around for over ten years, so there is a good chance that any questions you may have, have already been answered (they may have 10 different answers, but you'll get an instant response non the less).
Please be sure to post your smokes along with your process and recipes. We will be glad to help you along the way and we may also learn something new ourselves in the process. Also, don't forget the very important Q view! (We're mad for pics on here [emoji]128513[/emoji])
Always remember to have fun because it's not fun if you have to work at it.
Thanks for joining,
- Ryan

Thank you both for the wonderful welcome to the boards. As I make my journey down the smoking road, I will be sure to use the Q view. After seasoning my smoker, I believe my first smoke will be a nice rack of ribs. I will be sure to post the results.

If you're just starting, I suggest you begin with something quick and easy like chicken pieces, to get the hang of your smoker. You can also experiment with the flavors of different woods and seasonings.

Reactions: mainewx
texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another cloudy and warm day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Reactions: mainewx
Came home from work and found that my smoker arrived. Carefully unpacked the unit and found all sorts of damage. The door is busted and dented where the bottom pin is, the upper door pin on the smoker is busted, dents on the inner side of the door where it looks like the racks came loose and banged into the door. I will be going over the rest of the smoker with a fine tooth comb. I tried calling MasterBuilt and unfortunately they close at 5 pm. I will have to wait until Monday to give them a call. The strange thing is that there was barely a mark on the carton the smoker came in. All the packing was intact except for the rack packing. Looks like the tape gave way, hence the dented door. I'm disappointed but hope that MasterBuilt will replce the damaged parts. No seasoning/smoking this weekend. :icon_sad:

Bummer, But I'm sure they will get you fixed up

Gary

Received the replacement via Fedex today. Unboxed and the smoker is in pristine condition! I will be seasoning the smoker tomorrow afternoon and do my first smoke on Saturday. Looks like pulled pork will be on the menu.

This is Doug from Maine, I have been smoking for three years, good luck with your smoker.

Hello everyone! I am John from Maine. I ordered my first smoker yesterday and expect delivery on Thursday. I puchased the MES 40 gen 1. I have spent weeks reading posts on this forum, researching a plethora of smokers, and truly believe i made the right decision. I also ordered an AMNPS package deal from A-MAZE-N products. I have much to learn and this site is the place for the education that I need. I will be sure to post, with photos, a synopsis of my first smoke.

Thanks for this exquisite site!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky