First smoker build, for Police Dept.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Door seals heated, bent, and welded into place today.. More would have been done but I had to refill torch bottles and I have night shift tonight.

Looks really good Red! Thank you for your service and putting your life out there every day! 

Maybe we can put together a donation and see if we can put that rig on a trailer for you

Reactions: red12
Made it home with the right amount of holes in me! Only two more weeks of nights. Thank you for your kind words. I wouldn't rather do anything else honestly. I still enjoy going to work. (Better hours would be nice though). I have seven more years til retirement. Maybe then I'll just work in my shop and learn to build new things.

Looks like your in the turn coming down the home stretch

Gary

Yes sir. Still lots of finish work. I was thinking of trying to get one of the Harbor Freight 1720 pound trailer frames. Do any of you have knowledge if it will serve my purpose well?

I've read the reviews and with a little minor tweaking they seem to be ok trailers. For the price of $350 I think it may be alright.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

I've read the reviews and with a little minor tweaking they seem to be ok trailers. For the price of $350 I think it may be alright.  Any thoughts or suggestions?
How much does your smoker weigh? If it is any where near 1700# I would go with a higher rated trailor. Also consider how much and how far you will be towing it, you may want to go with something that has larger than 12" wheels.

If you are in the 1000# range then I would think that trailer would work. The GVR on it is 1980#. As long as you are not hauling it very far or very often. Those 12" wheels are known for heating up your bearings at prolonger freeway speeds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky