First smoked salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great job on the fish......  You got it perfect !!!!     ..Thumbs Up ...

Thanks Dave

Wow that looks great. :drool

:points:

Thanks

That Looks Awesome, Adam!!--:drool -----------:points:

I never smoked any Salmon for "Dinner". I have only Smoked it "Hard" for Snacking.

However if I did, I would want mine to look just like yours!!!Thumbs Up

Beautiful !!:drool

Bear

Thanks Bear. I will be experimenting with salmon. The wife loved it.

Adam, that is some fine looking Salmon,  Perfect supper. My Wife has been asking me to do some, If it ever stops raining
you gave me the push I needed.  Great job my friend  Thumbs Up

:points1:

Gary

Thanks Gary. Have you smoked salmon?

What I like is the idea of using a different flavor pellet like what Adam did, using some of Todd's Italian spice.   Hmmmmm!

What I like is the idea of using a different flavor pellet like what Adam did, using some of Todd's Italian spice.   Hmmmmm!
Have you tried the Italian spice?

I loved it on the fish.  I can see it being used on bacon and other stuff.

Todd said it has a oak base with rosemary and something else, cant remember.

Have you tried the Italian spice?

I loved it on the fish.  I can see it being used on bacon and other stuff.

Todd said it has a oak base with rosemary and something else, cant remember.
Rosemary, Thyme & Basil

Yes, that sounds wonderful on a whole bunch of different meats.

Adam,

Just be sure to make notes of what you did this recent time and then the next time.  I have 5+ years of notes for each time I did my Salmon filets, nuggets, jerky and Lox.

Man that looks great. I've never been much of a salmon, trout, tuna, kinda guy. Although I have thought often about trying to make some Lox.

Really pretty color on the salmon, I think you must have done an outstanding job man.

Adam,

Just be sure to make notes of what you did this recent time and then the next time.  I have 5+ years of notes for each time I did my Salmon filets, nuggets, jerky and Lox.
LOL----I got some notes on yours too!!!
drool.gif

And now I got some on Adam's.

Bear

Adam,

I forgot to mention that when I typically do Salmon nuggets and filets is immediately after I pull the fish out of the smoker to cool down,  I will brush each piece with some diluted honey (some people like using maple syrup),  and then "very lightly" sprinkle some coarse black pepper.  Once the meat has cooled down, it would have absorbed the honey leaving a very nice sweet flavor slightly tainted by a couple pieces of black pepper.

Not for everyone's taste buds but my wife and fishing buddies can't get enough of it.

Cheers 

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky