First Smoke

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by meat-man, Jun 21, 2008.

1. meat-man

meat-man Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Well I did my first smoke today. I did a whole fryer, if I goof no big deal there cheap. Ok here is what I did.

1. I put it in the frige last night with a mixure of salt, spice's, water, garlic, and pineapple juice.
    2.Took it out and washed it off .
    3. Put some pineapples slices in the cavity with some butter then I tied and smeard garlic and some more spices on it.
    4.Put it in the smoker for 2hr's .
    5.Pulled it out and put it in the oven at 400* for 10-15 min's

For my first smoke it turned out really good,it was so juicy [​IMG] and the wife and daughter loved it!

So far so good I am at a 100% right now lol

2. I bet it was good. If you have a digital camera, take some pics and post them next time. We love qviews!

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Sounds great Matt but wheres the Qview [​IMG]

4. meat-man

Brother I must be living in the stone age , I don't have a digital camera lol we still use the ones that take film .....basically that's the only ones I am smart enough to use[​IMG]

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Well in your case I'll just use my mind and think of how good it looks and tastes. Congrats on that first smoke whats next?

6. meat-man

I'm thinking I will do a pork loin roast 4 lbs or so

7. May I recommend a boston butt...maybe with a little rub. You won't be disappointed. We gotta get you in the digital age brother with the camera...lol

8. Welcome to the stone age club. I don't have a digital camera either. A boston butt marinated in Captain Morgan and apple juice would probably be pretty good. Marinate it in one part rum to three parts apple juice.