first rib smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fuzzynavel

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Parkville, MO
my first post yay!

smoked ribs for the first time a couple weekends ago, rubbed with hogs breath, they were very good. tossed in a beercan chicken while i was at it. going to try doing brisket, ribs and half chickens for the big 4th get together. also the pics of the ABT's have made me decide to try those aswell!
249c284a_vbattach10722.jpg

Looks like you had a good meal there fuzzy. How was the tast, and did you have any sides with that meal? Nothing wrong with what ya got there, but at least a french fry to help all that meat down would be nice. :P

Pullin your chain, it does look good.

I thought it was something like that. Clint Eastwood, Hog's Breath Saloon etc. Just never heard of the rub around here.

besides the grilled garlic bread, we had baked beans, macaroni salad, potato salad, water melon.. i wasnt very impressed with the chicken altho everyone else enjoyed it. and yes the hogs breath rub is from hogs breath saloon in key west, you can order it online at http://www.hogsbreath.com/

Fuzzy, Welcome to SMF. Glad that you found our corner of the 'net. What are the ingredients in that Hog's Breath Rub? Plenty of folks here that are experienced in Rub concocting-We might be able to come up with a SMF version. :D
Great pix of your efforts there, too!

When you have a chance, drop in at Roll Call and tells us bit about yourself.

Thanks!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky