first rib smoke

Discussion in 'Beef' started by fuzzynavel, Jun 27, 2006.

1. fuzzynavel

fuzzynavel Fire Starter

my first post yay!

smoked ribs for the first time a couple weekends ago, rubbed with hogs breath, they were very good. tossed in a beercan chicken while i was at it. going to try doing brisket, ribs and half chickens for the big 4th get together. also the pics of the ABT's have made me decide to try those aswell!
    [​IMG]

2. willkat98

willkat98 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

And what a post it was FN!

Looks good

3. icemn62

icemn62 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks like you had a good meal there fuzzy. How was the tast, and did you have any sides with that meal? Nothing wrong with what ya got there, but at least a french fry to help all that meat down would be nice. :p

Pullin your chain, it does look good.

4. johnnyreb

johnnyreb Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

SC
    lookin good, i like me some beef ribs 8)

5. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Somebody has to ask. What is Hog's Breath rub?

Meat looks killer :D

6. joed617

joed617 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

It may be a rub they use at Hog's Breath Saloon in the Ket West. This is a wild guess though..

7. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I thought it was something like that. Clint Eastwood, Hog's Breath Saloon etc. Just never heard of the rub around here.

8. fuzzynavel

fuzzynavel Fire Starter

besides the grilled garlic bread, we had baked beans, macaroni salad, potato salad, water melon.. i wasnt very impressed with the chicken altho everyone else enjoyed it. and yes the hogs breath rub is from hogs breath saloon in key west, you can order it online at http://www.hogsbreath.com/

9. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Fuzzy, Welcome to SMF. Glad that you found our corner of the 'net. What are the ingredients in that Hog's Breath Rub? Plenty of folks here that are experienced in Rub concocting-We might be able to come up with a SMF version. :D
    Great pix of your efforts there, too!

When you have a chance, drop in at Roll Call and tells us bit about yourself.

Thanks!