First Meat on ECB

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

acklin123

Original poster
Oct 24, 2007
Hey you'all
Cooked my first chunk of meat last night. A huge piece of pork tenderloin. Used a rub recipe from a local Church cookbook called "TNT rub". turned out great. Smoking two whole chickens today. having a problem getting the inside meat temperature to 180 but am up to 168 an still smoking. Looking at purchasing a barrell (horizontal) smoker with the fire box underneath and in the center. It is made by a guy in Palestine Arkansas. I figure it is best to start on the ECB to learn the ropes. If any one wants the rub recipe, let me know.

Thanks....I just pulled them and they are good and moist on the inside. temp never did get above 172 and I smoked them fr 5 hours. Is chicken harder to smoke than other meats?

2 Cups sugar
1/2 C. salt
1/4 C. paprika
2 T. Black pepper
2 T. Chili powder
2 tsb. ground cayenne pepper
2 tsb. dry mustard
1 tsb.ground cinnamon
Hot red pepper to taste

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky