First fridge build. . So far

Discussion in 'Fridge/Freezer Builds' started by smokin horse, Dec 7, 2014.

1. smokin horse

smokin horse Fire Starter

2. smokin horse

It's going to be charcoal with a door in back, I Gutted it and re insulated with roxul .. Fire box is lined with stainless and everything I've made is stainless. . Still have some work to do but that's it so far

3. smokin horse

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  4. smokin horse

5. jckdanls 07

jckdanls 07 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

looking good... let me understand.. the firebox door, for access , will in the back of the unit ?

6. That should make a nice smoker. Keep the pics coming.

Happy smoken.

David

7. smokin horse

Yes the door for the fire box is in the back. Worked out better that way. Here's a pic of it framed. Still have to make door. Fire box is all insulated also. Do any of you guys have suggestions on where to place exhaust? Top or back.. Also I'm planning on using a bbq guru but haven't got it yet and not sure of how intake vents will be just yet

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  8. smokin horse

9. I would put it up high but in the back. Sometimes the cool outside air will cause the stack to rain. I don't want the black droppings on my food,

Happy smoken.

David

10. smokin horse

Also plan to build a charcoal basket thati can just slide in and out of firebox.. Any suggestions from the seasoned vets are welcomed

11. wolfman1955

wolfman1955 Master of the Pit

If you are planning on using a Guru, I think it would be better if you plumbed it low into the side of your fire box. That way your charcoal could be started on one end and burn through to the other end. If you plumb the Guru into the middle of the back you would be burning from the middle towards both ends. Plumb it low so that the air goes directly at or below your charcoal basket. Did that make any sense?
    Keep Smokin!!!
    Wolf

12. smokin horse

Yes thank you. I just need to get some more funds saved to get one and go from there. Still have some more work to do before I'm ready for it

13. smokin horse

14. smokin horse

15. madman mike

madman mike Smoking Fanatic

heres how I mounted my exhaust to avoid condensation and tar from dripping back into the smoker

16. smokin horse

Got some racks for Christmas..getting closer

17. smokin horse

18. madman mike

madman mike Smoking Fanatic

Looking Good!

19. smokin horse

20. smokin horse

Got my exhaust stack rolled up and welded. . And interior is finished now. Still have to make a charcoal basket and gasket around door. Then paint