First fatty attempt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

harrisonhunter

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
Thinking about making my first fatty this weekend and have a few ?'s

What temp should I have my smoker at for the smoking duration?

How long should it take to get to 165?

Thanks

Smoke between 230 and 250 and it may take between 2 to 3 hrs just depending I guess on what it is stuffed with.. That is just a rough time, I have found that with smoking it is hard to say a time.. Never try to plan on having something done at a particular time unless you do it early has been my experience...

2.5 - 3 hours are the average for me.

I know a lot of recent posts have been about stuffed fatties, but the simple plain, naked fatty is always a yummy joy too... unwrap and put on the rack - simple as that.

We always add a couple of these anytime we have the smoker going.

They freeze well, are great for slicing and warming up for breakfast or crumbling into breakfast burritos, gravy, pizza topping, pork loin stuffing, anything you can do with crumbled sausage.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky