First Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smell smoke

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 24, 2015
South Carolina
Well if I wasn't already hooked on smoking I am now. Finally broke down and attempted the mighty brisket. Started with a couple of 3 pounders that were on sale. Applied SPOG, then after 15 minutes applied my BBQ rub then Montreal steak seasoning. Smoked at 250 with hickory. After internal temp reached 155 I applied a layer of sweet baby rays sauce with a sprinkle of brown sugar, then wrapped with foil. Cooked until internal temp of 195. So good and moist. Shocked.

Smell Smoke

Looks like a success..
thumb1.gif

With this under your belt you can go ahead and smoke your first packer and get some burnt ends out of the deal
drool.gif

Looks-Great.gif

Looks like a success..:thumb1:
With this under your belt you can go ahead and smoke your first packer and get some burnt ends out of the deal :drool

:Looks-Great:
I'm going to have to do some reading on here about the burnt ends.
Thanks BTW.

Smell Smoke

Well if I wasn't already hooked on smoking I am now. Finally broke down and attempted the mighty brisket. Started with a couple of 3 pounders that were on sale. Applied SPOG, then after 15 minutes applied my BBQ rub then Montreal steak seasoning. Smoked at 250 with hickory. After internal temp reached 155 I applied a layer of sweet baby rays sauce with a sprinkle of brown sugar, then wrapped with foil. Cooked until internal temp of 195. So good and moist. Shocked.

Smell Smoke
That looks fantastic, and seems almost too easy to do, i think im going to do the same

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky