First brisket flat on the WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davesfroggin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 22, 2015
Urbandale,Iowa
I've done a handful of smoking other meats but doing a brisket has got me the most excited as it is my favorite. On this 3lber I did a light seasoning of SPG then my own rub and then a light coat of Montreal Steak. Looks pretty already. I will post a finished picture too.

Looks like a great start.  Everyone gets so freaked out with brisket but its actually pretty easy.  IMHO the key is not to let it dry out by cookin too low n slow.  I like to let er rip and place in a foiled disposable pan when it hits 170*F internal.  Yours looks like it's gonna be a good one!

Looks like a great start.  Everyone gets so freaked out with brisket but its actually pretty easy.  IMHO the key is not to let it dry out by cookin too low n slow.  I like to let er rip and place in a foiled disposable pan when it hits 170*F internal.  Yours looks like it's gonna be a good one!
Yup. Plan on wrapping around that temp. It's moving along pretty well now but I know it'll hit that stall.

Brisket is finished and hanging out in the cooler for a couple hours. Took about 5hrs from start to finish.

Will post some pics after the rest.

Last edited:
Here is the finished product. The wife was very happy and I loved how the smoke ring turned out.The dog was also very happy with how it turned out because he ate my sandwich as I went to the kitchen to get a beer.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky