First big smoke. 12 stuffed game hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

omahasmoker

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
Omaha, NE
i bought my GOSM big block about 2 weeks ago. We had a dinner party last night for 12 people and i went with bacon wrapped rice-a-roni stuffed game hens. i used jeffs naked rub on the outside and smoked the lot for them for almost 4 hours. they turned out very pretty and juicy and delicious. everybody picked their bird clean. i think that is a good sign.

the dog looks on. she spent hours sitting next to the smoker wondering what was taking so long.

my wife looks happy. she only has to make the side dishes.

3 hours in. adding more water to the pan.

just pulled and on the way to the cooler for holding. my dogs kept sniffing around the cooler. i had to put it up out of their reach.

my only regret is that i did not throw a slab of ribs in the smoker since i had the room. next month, stuffed fatties and stuffed pork loin.

They look good!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
What was the internal temp of the stuffing?

i dont know. the stuffing went in hot. i put the probe in the thigh of the bird.

rice a roni is the best stuffing for small birds. no matter how long you cook it, it pretty much stays the same. at the dinner, people who do not like stuffing dug in when i told them it was rice a roni in the birds.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky