First Belly Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

markf

Original poster
Dec 17, 2009
I had no idea that it was even possible to make bacon at home but I learned it here on the forum. I think I read every thread concerning belly bacon before even asking my local butcher to get me a belly. One ten pound belly for my first attempt. I cut it in half and drycured it with Tenderquick and maple sugar, one half for 7 days and the other half will smoke tomorrow at 9 days. I smoked the first half yesterday for 7 hours after 7 days of curing and it came out spectacular. Thank you everyone for the help and I promise more and better pics next time.

Mark
That is some great looking bacon - I am waiting on my TQ to arrive ( cant buy it here in So Cal ) and have a special order in for some belly as we speak. What temp did you smoke it at?

I was able to keep the temp under 140 for the whole smoke. I have to admit I feel like a king after being able to create the best food in the world.
icon_mrgreen.gif

It looks Great... Nice job on the first try...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That looks great from here.It was -23 this morning and I'm sure glad I got the smoking done for new years day party.I got a call from a good friend that's hunting hogs in Texas right now and they have 11 so far .He's bringing some home for me to "Play with" and I have to see about doing some bacon.looks great .Bill
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky