First Beef Short Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whitedogbbq

Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
Those are nice meaty ribs!

They look delicious!

icon14.gif

Al

yes, nice job

I have been doing short ribs a bit lately.  I live in new england and can't easily find short ribs cut that way. The ones I find are cut up smaller, but they still smoke up very tasty

Did great for the first time.

Wish I could find meaty ribs here.

Nice looking short ribs! Good pull back on the bones! To get the long ones like that here they have to be special ordered. It's been a while since I made some, but I think you've made me want to splurge a little[emoji]128523[/emoji]
:points:

Looks great!

I think Beefies gotta be my favorite thing to smoke during the summer!

For everybody having a hard time finding dino bones, check with your local Sams Club.  I'm in Southern California and have had a heck of a time finding beef ribs, but I checked on the Sam's website and it said they carried this cut at my local store.  The first butcher I asked there told me they only carried de-boned short ribs, but when I asked the other guy he went to the back and brought out a nice cryo with the short ribs. 

$4.19/lb for angus short ribs is a pretty reasonable price in my book!

Late Again!!

Just found this, and those Ribs look Awesome!!
drool.gif
---------
points.gif

Nice Job & Great Price!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Paid 3.99 today for Dino "Fred Flintstone" Beef ribs! Not smoking today though will post pics when I do! In the meantime, it's 2 sausage fatties and some beef "short" ribs. Perhaps I should call 'Em Barney Rubble ribs?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky