First Abt's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sprky

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 26, 2007
Hutchinson Kansas
ok guys i tryed making these today with my chicken and boy are they GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
They are stuffed with cream cheese, sharp chedder, green onion, garlic, backon bits, CBP, and a slice of mapel bacon on top. they were in the smoker for 3 hours, bacon on top is crispy and there is a good smoke flavor, peppers are soft. I will be doing these many more times. I allready have an order from the oldest boy for a smoker full......lol heres the Q-view

Nice! Time to teach #1 son the gentle art of making his own Q.
icon_smile.gif

They are good aren't they. I pre cook my bacon to the just starting to crisp stage then wrap them. I like them a tad crispier than the soft stage.

I love Maple bacon. It takes ABT's to a whole new level IMO.

Now that is a batch of ABTs... you can never make too many...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Interesting, may have to try these. My ABT recipe is simple too, just slice the japs lengthwise, seed them, stuff with cream cheese, add a little smokey, wrap in bacon and pack with brown sugar, smoke at 225 for three hours.

They are awesome aren't they...yours look and sound great !

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky