Finally got Playtime (Qview Intense)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
Finally got the Lang pressure washed fired up and re-seasoned. Got it holding at 220* fairly well then put in more splits and got it to 400* left it there for an hour then closed the intakes and letting her cool back down.

It was nasty but much cleaner now

musta been "pitchin a tent the whole time"!
eek.gif

Make sure ya get some hightemp, stove black paint for it before she starts to rust. Gotta get after mine with a spray can and wire brush tomorrow. Looks good Piney. Happy for ya big time!
icon_smile.gif

Better yet, rub the whole thing down with Crisco or the like...
Never have rust again and won't have to repaint every year.
Gives it a finish like seasoned cast iron!
biggrin.gif

is the crisco for the smoker or the pitched tent.

I know what I'm thinkin......

that's a sexxy smoker!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Your going to have a sterilized spot of ground underneath the firebox.

Nice looking smoker!

LOL, yes you will, and don't use it in an asphalt driveway!

I got them little burnt squares all over my lawn.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Dan painting is on the agenda. I had more free time when I worked than I do now it seems but I know I have to get it done. Crisco may work on the outside but it sure wouldn't be as pretty
biggrin.gif
so I'll just keep painting when I get it done the first time. I tried using up the wood he had left in the carrier but I will pick up some better splits from my dad's house. I brought back a little hickory when I went to camp the other day for flavor.

nice piney!!!! you are going to enjoy it and i have a hunch you are going to put it to good use. a lil paint on there and she will be a good lookin unit!!!

I wonder how LineX or some coating like that would work?

at 1200-1500 degrees, I don't think it would be pretty!
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky