Fatty and toothpicks...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trece

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
If I cover the top w/bacon slices should I insert some toothpicks (wooden or plastic???) and if so do I flip it halfway through or its not necessary?
Thx,
Trece

ive doin it both ways, if the bacon is thick i use toothpick otherwise i just wrap it around the whole thing ansd the bacon seems to kinda stick to itself. i dont think i would use plastic...not sure if its safe?

No picks for me... I just wrap the bacon around and stick it to itself... works great!

I only use toothpicks to mark them, and I don't flip.

I might have 6 on, I'll put none in the regulars, Sage might get one on the ends, Maple two toothpicks on the end, Cajun one toothpick in the middle, etc.

I have plans for the Maple the next morning, and Cajun into the Red Beans and Rice, so I want to make sure I'm slicing into the right one for dinner that night (or snacks during the cook!)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky