Fattie Success!!

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by pandemonium, Apr 1, 2010.

1. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

Well i finally understand the fattie craze!! I get it now, i made a couple with peperoni, mozzarella, onion, tomato sauce, fresh Parmesan and spices over cherry wood and didn't over cook or over smoke them this time and they were awesome!!! my daughter even liked them this time. I didn't put bacon on them and that's one reason i liked them better, i hate to say bacon could ruin something but in the smoker bacon sucks!! i wish i had pics.
    ADDED CRAPPY PIC ON 2ND PAGE

2. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

In the smoker bacon sucks?????? Shame On You!!!!!! haha I started using less bacon on mine. I never cover it fully.

3. pandemonium

haha i have always liked my bacon crispy

4. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yea if you want it crispy you kick up the heat nice and good the last little bit to crisp it up.

5. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

congrats on the fatties well done

6. The bacon seems to keep the burger or sausage from drying out. Not to mention the added flavor. Ive started putting mine in the oven for a few to crisp it up. Im not a big fan of white bacon either.

7. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now thats why I always use the thin and cheap bacon it still adds flavor but it does get crispy in th smoker.

8. pandemonium

mm eating fattie leftovers mmmm im hooked now!

9. scmelik

scmelik Smoke Blower

mmmm fatties, I haven't had a fatty in almost 8 months, I am starting to shake, helucinate and get very irritable.

I happen to agree with the OP, I have done fatties with and without bacon and I actually enjoy the ones without bacon more than those with.

10. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I always get hungry after reading posts on Fatties!

And, I always get thirsty when I see a Beer commercial!!!!

Todd

11. violator

violator Smoke Blower

Yeah, I wish you had some qview, though.
    I think the NEXT fatties I make will have the pizza ingredients.

12. pandemonium

well heres the only pic i took from my cell phone, sorry it looks like crap.