Fattie Caprese complete with Bacon Weave

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dingle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 22, 2007
Syracuse, NY
It has been a long time since I have done a fattie and NEVER have I attempted a bacon weave but here it goes. The ingredients consisted of chopped sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil and shredded mozzarella....

After two attempts with the weave, I settled with this one....

All wrapped up and ready for a bit of cherry smoke in the GOSM at approx 280deg until an internal temp of 165deg was reached...

And the final outcome. If you look real close behind the fattie are some smoked sausage stuffed mushrooms, one of my favs! As always, thanks for lookin
biggrin.gif

Ahhh yes....smoked shrooms! Sausage, cream cheese, chives, basil, parsley, garlic pepper and maybe some shredded pepperjack! You decide. The ingreeeeds are endless. The above is how I likes 'em
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thats a nice looking fattie I like the basil. Was it home grown?

Excellent fattie
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Already getting fresh basil here from the garden and this one looks like the next one up on my grill to try! Thanks for posting a fine piece of work.

Great looking fattie.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

now I'm off to the veggie section to see if you posted those mushrooms over there. If you didn't...shame on you. You could always redeem yourself and put up your recipie and process. :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky