Father's feast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bb53chevpro

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2007
What a long day. Start loading up the truck at 7:30 this morning for a 1 1/2 hr drive to my father in laws camp. Unloaded and fired up the gosm.
3 racks of ribs rubbed the night before. Used paprika, black pepper, salt. dry mustard, garlic powder. brown sugar and a touch of rosemary. Smoked at 225 for 3 hrs then into the foil. Started to prep the abt's, stuffed shrooms, and the gassers (my experiment).

Gassers- Red or green bell peppers stuffed with chili. Now the chili has my sausage mix (about 2lbs), 1 lbs of ground beef, homemade canadian bacon, shrooms, onions, 2 cans of tomato sauce, SAURKRAUT and chili seasoning. Once in the pepper it was topped with Mozza cheese.
THESE BABIES ARE THE BOMB. They were smoked just as long as the abt's. THESE WENT FASTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE ON THE MENU. I think these are a must try.

We also made cucumber salad and tossed a few pieces of store bought Polish sausage into the mix.

What a menu, and a full gosm big block.

There is no left overs. We had planned to feed about 12 people including the kids, but we ended up feeding about 30. all the campng nieghbours came to eat. I think I got 3 of them wanting to purchase a smoker.

Also, I have been asked to cater a couple small parties with the same menu. Everyone loved the food.

Here is a link.

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...20day%20smoke/

What and amazing looking spread Andy! Gotta do those gassers - I make a pretty mean pot of chili too!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Now thats a great smoke and looks like a great day well done
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Andy - those gassers looked so good, I'm hereby awarding well-deserved points!!! Way to go with the smoke, everything looked great on that plate!

What a nice spread.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky