Family Smoking Shootout in Parker Colorado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Getting better by the hour! 
drool.gif
icon14.gif

We're into food coma now.  Dave will be along in the early am to finish off his portion of the thread.  A good time was had by all attendees (sounds too formal).  There are no leftovers for Sunday.  I think we're going out to Carl's Jr for burgers, just cuz.  Now we've got to start plotting for the next big gathering.  It's all good.  Thanks for joining us on this journey.  If we've inspired one other to try something new, we've done our job.

~NWDave (to avoid any confusion) (there were 3 Daves here today).

Last edited:
Wow!!

Those Ribs look Awesome!!!

I didn't think Cops were allowed to accept gifts like Gold, Silver, Diamonds, or Ribs----Not necessarily in that order!!!  
police2.gif

Thanks for a great thread Daves!

Bear

Got too into entertaining and forgot to take pics of the serving pans...  So these are all I have, just off the smoker.

930cd1d5_2011-07-3018.30.48.jpg

f5454d3b_2011-07-3018.31.08.jpg

7505e4bc_2011-07-3018.31.16.jpg

30511a17_2011-07-3018.31.23.jpg

Needless to say, no one went home hungry

That brings the fun into it when the family is involved...It all looks just great so far....I like the bike...

Dave, as in NWDave, you and I both know them youg whippersnappers never stood a chance.  I give you credit for going with a new to you piece of equipment though to try and give them the feeling of being on an equal footing.
pot.gif
  If they keep practicing, and you stop, they may catch up in 30 or so years.
th_violent5.gif
  Enjoy.

Joe

Yes, it was a lot of fun.  Even though it was a friendly competition, we all put forth our best efforts and the true winners were the family and guests who were able to eat as they desired ( a little here, a little there, then back for seconds or more((I saw that!!!!!)))
biggrin.gif
.  Smoking foods is something we three enjoy doing.  You can't ask for better than that.  Thank you for all the kind remarks and to all who joined us on this "fun run". We'll be sure to invite you all back for the next smoke. 

A note to all newbies and lurkers:   Now you see how it's done and how we post the Qvues.  Any questions????  There are literally thousands of your fellow smokers just waiting to help you out, no matter what the question.  I know I've been really helped along the way.  I've got a long ways to go but I know where to turn to for help and suggestions.  NOW, get out there and smoke something, then post the QVues.

~Dave

Man you three are all knocking it out of the park. There can be no loosers in this contest
points.gif
to all of you if I could 

Thanks for all the compliments and praise.  To add, one of our guests went out and bought a Brinkman Horizontal combo grill smoker yesterday.  Just spreading the word!  Of course he asked me to teach him to use it, any question what link he is getting?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky