Falling meat temps results

Discussion in 'Beef' started by qcrazy, Feb 13, 2011.

1. qcrazy

qcrazy Fire Starter

Just wanted to say thanks to Les, SmokinAl, Cycletrash, and Ross for your advice yesterday about my falling meat temps. I was kinda freakin out, but everything turned out good, and I learned a couple of things in the process. One thing I'll never unfoil my brisket before the finished internal temps. I did get some pics of the finished brisket and pork butt and I'll post them when I figure out how to. Thanks again Gary

2. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yea sometimes you just have to sit back and relax and chill and let it do its thing. That can be easier said than done especially if we are trying something for the first time. Glad everything turned out great.

3. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

Not a problem at all!! We all like to help when we can.I'm just glad everything turned out for you!!

4. qcrazy

qcrazy Fire Starter

Qview from yesterdays brisket cook with the falling temps[​IMG]

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That's some sweet looking brisket Dude. I'm glad it all worked out in the end. Great experience for you to get that one under your belt. Next time will be a lot less stressful. 

6. qcrazy

qcrazy Fire Starter

Boston Butt I cooked with the brisket[​IMG]

7. qcrazy

qcrazy Fire Starter

pulled and ready to consume[​IMG]

8. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Woo Hoo, you hit a homer with the butt too. Great job Q!

9. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice! Great smoke ring!

10. hoity toit

hoity toit Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Very Nice Smoke ring..

11. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

It all looks great!

Good luck and good smoking.

12. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member