Fall picnic! Back on track!!! now with Mega Q-VIEW!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

At the 4.5 hour mark. No wrap cooking straight thru. Still a bit tough, gonna need some more time.

There's the picnic hiding below the ribs. Haven't probed it yet. I'll do that when I pull the ribs off.

Mini is chugging along at 255* probably going to need to add some new briquettes at some point and dump some ash.

Just caught back up with this. How did the ribs turn out Case? They looked like they were gonna be quite the treat 
smile.gif
  & how's that picnic doing? 
icon_question.gif

icon_question.gif

Those look really really good. Can't wait for the finished pics.

Yummmmmm

Chris

Hi Case,

Looks amazing! Great bark!

A couple of questions.....what IT did you take your picnic to, and how much salt did you go for in the brine? Thanks!!

Have a great week!
Clarissa

Hi Case,

Looks amazing! Great bark!

A couple of questions.....what IT did you take your picnic to, and how much salt did you go for in the brine? Thanks!!

Have a great week!
Clarissa
Thanks Clarissa. Well I went a bit higher than I wanted. My thinking was that the picnic would roll along at the 2 hour per pound rule. Wrong! My plan was to probe the picnic when I removed the ribs. The smoker chugged along for most the day right at 250º-260º. So when the ribs were done I probed the picnic. It was at 170º!! I had planned to take it to 160º!!! SO I pulled and foiled it and let it rest overnight (planned on slicing, which I did. So I think it ended up a bit dryer than I would have liked. It still is super tasty though. Along the lines of saltiness I did 1/2 cup salt per gallon and I think the 1/3 cup would be plenty. That is how much we use for the bacon and its just right for us. With that all said we will be having some great ham sandweees and two bones and scraps for beans once the weather cools!

looks great DS! talk about a happy ending to a story that almost went into the round file. lol. glad it all worked out in the end for ya bud. :) ham and swiss please sir?..toasted!..haha

looks great DS! talk about a happy ending to a story that almost went into the round file. lol. glad it all worked out in the end for ya bud. :) ham and swiss please sir?..toasted!..haha
Thanks TB! I'm more of a Ham and cheddar smear of Guldens on a roll kind of guy!
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky