Exhausting Smoke-a-thon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 23, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
What exhausting work. spent the entire weekend smoking a whole bunch of stuff. Had lots of fresh salmon that the wife had caught which needed smoking as well as her fishing buddy Jimmy had run out of his salmon snacks so he gave me over 15 pounds worth to smoke.

Then there was more.....

Jerky taking a bath in the Brine
u7eryjaj.jpg

Jerky air drying
a6y5yba7.jpg

Jerky going into the dehydrator for six hours after spending two hours in the smoker. What was a challenge was that I had 7 Big Chief racks worth of Jerky ready to go, but a Big Chief has only 5 shelves available, so I had to get out the other Big Chief to help share the load. All went well.
atyva6ut.jpg

In goes salmon nuggets for 2+ hours after the jerky came out
my9uretu.jpg

Meanwhile Master built gasser smoking jack and cheddar cheese and butter using only ANMPS with Hickory pellets for heat and smoke. The propane tank was not used. Just set up for the gasser's next task, below
ra6y5ydu.jpg

Meanwhile meatloaf on a maple plank waiting to go into the gasser once the cheese and butter comes out. Will reside inside for 2.5 hours or an IT of 160°
5ahu9u2u.jpg

Last edited:
And what the Mrs doing yesterday while I was slaving over the smokers?

jeja3yba.jpg

Last edited:
I normally use first Alder then Apple for the jerky, nuggets and fillets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky