Exhaust? = exhausted!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flippers

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
SE Iowa
Hi, spent the weekend working on my first RF build. It has turned into a bigger project than expected! Perhaps it has something to do with a dozen friends with there own ideas, and about 15 cases of beer? Either way, I'm trying to follow the formula that DaveOmak sent. Which has gotten me to where I'm at now. But I'm having issues with figuring the size of the exhaust. Any help would be appreciated, as long as it isn't from any of my friends that "know it all!" My cc is 97716 cu.in. Thanks in advance!!!

Dave is much better with builds than me I would suggest sending him a PM and asking he'll be more than happy to help

36 x 36 x 0.7854 x 96 = 97,000 cu. in. x 0.017 = 1650 cu. in. / (0 .7854 x 8 x8) = 32"

You need an 8" ID stack that is 32" above the CC for good flow.....

There you go...... Dave

^^^^ This from a guy that jumps out of an airplane that isn't on fire to the ground that is......
beercheer.gif

Haha! Come on over! I will post pics of the build later this week!
Thanks for all your help guys!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky