Elk Roast x 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tommiegunnz

Fire Starter
Original poster
Well its been a while since I've put up q view and it will have to wait again unfortunately (my camera is dead and I can't find the charger). Got two elk roasts in the smoker right now approaching finish. Might take a pic with my phone though and see if it will come out good enough to post. Smoked these over apple and threw some basil thyme and oregano on the coals as well just to see what would happen. Mopping the roasts with a butter/ fruit juice mixture. Hope the pics turn out good if they do I will share.

Even without the Qview I can picture them! I've got three good sized ones in the freezer. Two more weeks til I go elk hunting again and the freezer's still got quite a bit of elk and deer in it.

Oh boy, I wish you lived close to me! You'd be begging for a piece of beef after awhile
icon_exclaim.gif
. Trying to decide what I want to take out to make jerky or sausage. Need room in the freezer.

Hmm, I doubt it :-)
I'd eat game every day if we had more :-)

Well as there are no pics - you'll have to go overboard on the written descriptions timmiegunz :-)
Weights, colour, times temps, smell, juices etc :-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky