Elk Burger Steaks - Quick Friday Night Dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
I got the idea from the great looking Hamburger Steaks posted by Raptor700 (Thank you)   http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/116555/hamburger-steak-qview

Instead of beef I ground up 1.5 lbs elk meat and added 3/4 lb ground pork, then seasoned with Worcestershire Black Pepper, Garlic, Dried Minced Onions and some smoked sea salt.

d5384b9c_GroundElkBurger.jpg

Sorry no picsin between pics, but I smoked with Mesquite at 250* for 1.5 - 2 hours. I made a brown gravy from my homemade prime rib stock and added sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers to it. Served with boiled buttered potatoes and my homemade macaroni salad. 

923a8379_SmokedBurgerPattyClose.jpg

Didn't think of a pic until I was in the middle of eating! Sorry. Thanks for looking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky