electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wildcat2012

Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
i have been to many bbq compatition and i have just bought my first electric smoker and i was wondering if i can smoke the same way myron mixon smokes at a higher temp for shorter amount of time. his food tasted better then some of the teams that had brisket and pulled pork going for hours and hours.

I am new to smoking, and I have an MES 40.

Thanks to the folks on this site, everything I smoke

turns out great, and makes the family want more.

Just follow the simple instructions and nothing can turn out bad.

Just MHO.

i have been to many bbq compatition and i have just bought my first electric smoker and i was wondering if i can smoke the same way myron mixon smokes at a higher temp for shorter amount of time. his food tasted better then some of the teams that had brisket and pulled pork going for hours and hours.
You probably can do that with some things.

I have read some threads from other guys on this forum, that have done things faster than normal, and some had great results.

If you do that, take good notes of what you do. This will help you in the future, and if you post it with Qview, we can also benefit from your success.

This is how we all get better as smokers, through the trials and experiments of many.

Bear

I have smoke butts at 225 and at 300+ . I cant tell tell the difference. Just have to watch how much sugar in the rub. Might burn at higher temp

For me, low and slow has always produced the tender, flavor infused meats that I, myself along with Lady Bear, have yearned for.  I have tried to hurry a few times with higher/shorter temps/time and havent been as pleased with the outcome.  BUT, I am not a Myron Mixon by any means.  It must work for him, and I am sure he has many many hours of trial and error.  Good luck with your efforts and post the results along with Q-View (Bear-View) for us to enjoy.

Rich

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky